Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Josh's NYS Time Trial Report

Sunday June 18, 2006


Yesterday Jimmy, Jared, and I traveled to Auburn to compete in the New York State Time Trial. Things were looking up when Jimmy found my house without any difficulty. I was even more impressed by our team car for the day, Jimmy’s Sienna. I found it much more comfortable then my Tempo, I offered to trade him straight up but he wouldn’t go for it. Any way, we were well prepared; we each had an extra set of wheels (just in case), an easy up (supplied by our generous team sponsor), trainers, and enough miscellaneous stuff to supply an army.

The trip was pretty uneventful. We got registered and then drove the course. I can’t speak for the others but my plans for glory went right out the window as we spied the terrain. It was going to be one long suffer fest for sure. When we got to Auburn we set up the Easy-up (which really was easy). We were the only team so well supplied (thanks again Tom). We set up our trainers made last minute adjustments and what not and got busy warming up.

There is nothing much to say about the actual time trial. I rode my bike fast and hard and didn’t see much but pavement and the couple of dudes I passed. I also got to watch some guy pass me and then ride me off his wheel in slow motion. It was so slow it took about ten miles to do it. It just hurt a lot. My one consolation is that it hurt everybody so I wasn’t suffering alone.

Since none of us were New York State residents we weren’t eligible for awards. We all rode well I think in spite of our own personal misgivings and doubts. It was a good time, but it was work without a doubt. Nice job guys!

-Josh

No comments: