Wednesday, June 27, 2007

12 Hours of Roundtop

Saturday June 23rd was the 12 Hours of Roundtop race in Athens,PA. I went down on Friday night to set up my pit canopy and pre ride the course. The course was a nice mix of flowy singletrack and short steep ascents. I rode it in 37 minutes while scoping out things and picking lines, So I felt pretty confident I could do 16 laps. The race starts with a 1/2 mile run which is to my disadvantage thanks to a bundle of sprained ankles in my day. Despite having a disadvantage I ran about mid pack and came back to the bike in decent position. The first lap went well and the pace was pretty fast but I felt strong so I pushed it to catch Dave Perry who went aroound me like I was sitting still on the single track. Dave later was having some major flatting issues so i was able to reel him in and go a lap up. I kept the cadence high and spun to victory with 18 laps in 11:30 something. Congrats to Jim,TJ,Matt and Fletch( Team Twisted Spokes) for an outstanding performance in the 4 person male category cranking out 23 laps and having the fastest lap of 28 min. More info here and pics.

No comments: